Monday, September 20, 2010

Blog Post 1 - Goals and mission

A Goal is a Dream with a deadline
Fitness/Health - By the end of 2010 I want to consistently be working out and stay in shape. I will do this by walking straight from class to the Seahawks facility to start working out. This will cause me to start working out before getting distracted by different things at my dorm.


Spiritual - By the end of this school year at Northwest I would like to establish a consistent life of prayer and bible reading. This will cause me to dive into a deeper relationship with God.


The Challenge
Fitness/Health
Exercise- By January 1st I want to work out once a day for about 45 minutes. Ill do this by getting up earlier to do it before class and setting more time aside after school to realistically fit it in my schedule
Sleep- By November 1st I want to go to sleep before 12 A.M and have 8 hours of sleep each night. I will do this by starting my homework as soon as I enter my room.
Eating- By October 1st I want to consistently eat all the meals breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day. I will do this by managing my time throughout the day and leave time in the morning for food and time between classes for food.
Water-  By October 15th I want to drink at least 2 more bottles of water a day. I will do this by taking 1 bottle to class and then refilling it after I am done with that class.

Relationship Goals
Friends - In the next 2 weeks I want to make connections with old friends that have left to other states for school and work. I will do this by leaving reminders on my computer to check my facebook to see if they are on.
Opposite sex - By the end of September I want to have better management of when I talk to my girlfriend on the phone. I will do this by establishing times with her and make sure its clear that I need to stop talking by a specific time.
Room mates - By the end of this week, I want to connect with my floor mates more frequently. I will do this by leaving my room door open more often so that I can hear what is going on and also so they can stop by when they want.
Family - By December I would like to call each one of my siblings at least once a week and talk with them to catch up on each others lives. I will do this by using the time I walk to class as a time to make a call.

Spiritual Goals
Bible reading - By the end of this month I want to be reading my bible at least 6 out of 7 days. I want to focus on consistency instead of the amount I read each time.
Prayer Time - By November 1st, I want to increase my prayer time each day by 5-7 minutes by praying while I walk to class.
Ministry - By the end of this semester I want to bring up Jesus to people I am not friends with more often. I will do this by taking bold steps of meeting people that are out of my social group or my usual friends.
Church Attendance - By mid-October I want to attend my church's pre-service prayer time. I will do this by eating dinner earlier on Wednesdays so that I can leave earlier.
Core Group - By the end of the semester I would like to establish a core group for my church. It will be a small group of men from northwest that also attend the city church. This will not only keep me accountable but hopefully will make a impact on young men's lives at NU.

No comments:

Post a Comment